Budget for women in RE

The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) was allocated Rs 10,222 crore, a 48 percent hike from the previous budget of Rs 7,033 crore. Even in the gender aspect ministry allocated around 95 Cr in the biogas programme and 47 Cr in human resource development and training.

Source - MNRE


Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has allocated Rs 10,000 crore towards setting up 200 compressed biogas (CBG) plants and 300 community and cluster-based plants.

The government of India allotted some proportion to skill development and empowerment of women through the biogas programme.

Source - Government of India https://www.indiabudget.gov.in/


The budget for 2023 places a lot of emphasis on increased infrastructure spending and training programmes that will lead to greater job possibilities and ultimately raise individuals' standards of living.

The government of India allotted some proportion to skill development and empowerment of women in various sectors.

Source - Government of India https://www.indiabudget.gov.in/

Employment Ratio

Female Labor Force Participation(employment status)

Source - world bank https://genderdata.worldbank.org/data-stories/flfp-data-story/

Share of male and female labour in workforce

Outer circle shows the male percentage share in workforce

Inner circle shows the female participation in workforce

Source - world bank https://genderdata.worldbank.org/data-stories/flfp-data-story/

Labour Force participation by income groups

India is the most populous country in the lower-middle income group. It makes up 40% of the income group’s population share and can often drive the aggregate level of the lower-middle income group.

In India, the gap between male and female labor force participation is 57 percentage points

When India is separated out from the lower-middle income group, the gender gap in participation for all other lower-middle income countries is 10 percentage points lower.

Source - world bank https://genderdata.worldbank.org/data-stories/flfp-data-story/


The overall budget empowerment of women in every sector. There is an incline in the budget allocated as compared to 2022. The objective of the budget is to improve women’s involvement in the growth of the Indian economy.

The 2023 Union Budget allotted 2.23 lakh crore for India's Gender Budget, which intends to close the gender gap; this is just 2.12% more than the 2.18 lakh crore in the Revised Estimates (RE) for 2022–2023. However, it was at least 30% higher than the Budget Estimates (BE) of 1.71 lakh crore for the previous year. The proportion of the gender budget in the total government spending increased by 0.63 percent. Comparatively to the previous year, when it made up 4.33 percent of overall spending, the predicted gender budget for this year was 4.96 percent.

Labor force participation rate, female (% of female population ages 15+)

Sample to show scatter plot(country wise)

Source - world bank https://genderdata.worldbank.org/data-stories/flfp-data-story/

Become a NSEFI Member.